A CAREFUL CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF 20TH CENTURY FILM AND ITS PSYCHOMETAPHYSICAL RAMIFICATIONS UPON POPULAR CULTURE. AND SHIT LIKE THAT.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

TRAVEL-SIZE REVIEW: THE STUFF (1985)

FLUFFERBLOODER.


"Garrett Morris lampoons Famous Amos"? What? You still haven't rented this yet? It's got killer ice cream forgodsake! And Michael Moriarty, who can't possibly be sober. And hey, I think I counted two or three times where there may have been a gory special effect - that's about 30 seconds out of 90 minutes - and I didn't count the times when the yogurt chases someone or Garrett Morris's head explodes, because they're actually funny. Now if they would've burst open Dan Aykroyd's fat melon, I might've actually cheered. God, I know Larry Cohen's a hack, but THE STUFF somehow even made Q: THE WINGED SERPENT look good. Did I mention Garrett Morris lampoons Famous Amos?

GARRETT MORRIS GETS MORE FACE TIME HERE THAN IN THE FIRST THREE SEASONS OF SNL.

BUT BROOKE, THIS IS A FAMILY FILM.

No comments: