A CAREFUL CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF 20TH CENTURY FILM AND ITS PSYCHOMETAPHYSICAL RAMIFICATIONS UPON POPULAR CULTURE. AND SHIT LIKE THAT.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER BROWN TROUSER JOB (1988)

I gave this an extra star because 1) Graham Chapman, at the top of his game, was hilarious and 2) I was lucky enough to see Graham speak during this college tour. Back in the mid-80s I was excited to go see him, but I do remember leaving a little disappointed. 20 years later, I'm even more disappointed, because Graham's forte was essentially slapstick, and this is just him sitting and talking about extreme sports (really!). Video quality is not good (and 80's fashion quality from the kids in the audience is far worse), but that's not important considering it's really just Graham sitting and talking and occasionally getting up and walking around the stage (sorry, no silly walks). Bottom line: BROWN TROUSER JOB is just dull. Don't remember him this way.

No comments: